Puppy nearly dies after swallowing strange green objects at Park Farm, Ashford
A dog owner is appealing for information after her puppy nearly died by swallowing two strange green objects thrown into her garden.
Valerie Herbert, of Manor House Drive, Park Farm, found nine-month-old blue rough collie Ghost collapsed downstairs when she went to let him out one morning.
The shop manager rushed the puppy to nearby Kingsnorth Vets where they realised he was critically ill.
Collie Ghost who nearly died after swallowing two green objects
“We took him down to the vet straight away and she thought he had eaten rat poison,” said Mrs Herbert, who lives with husband Steve, a private hospital assistant.
Vet Heather Williams operated and managed to locate and remove two green objects made from a hard resin.
Fortunately for the Herberts, Ghost is recovering and the vets bill, which is more than £1,500, is covered by their insurance, but they are appealing for information about what the mysterious objects are.
The strange green objects that collie Ghost swallowed
The green pieces of plastic were about the size of golf balls.
The Herberts think they might be shock absorbers or some kind of toy that someone may have thrown into their garden, which is bordered by a public footpath to the rear.
“We would just like to know what they are,” said Mrs Herbert.
“We have nearly lost a dog through no fault of our own. It’s just not knowing what it is.”
What do you think the objects are? Comment below or email email@example.com
- Click here for more Ashford news
- Click here for more news from across the county