Pregnant woman treated for shock after fire
A pregnant woman had to be treated for shock on Friday afternoon
after her garden shed burned down.
The woman called the emergency services when a tumble dryer in
the shed overheated and caught light in Bournes Close, Sturry, at
The shed was completely destroyed in the blaze and paramedics
were called to treat the woman who had become distressed by the
Now Kent Fire and Rescue Service is advising homeowners to
install smoke detectors in outbuildings where tumble dryers and
similar applicances are kept.
- Click here for more Canterbury news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...