Whitstable Fish Bar at centre of chimney blaze
A fire broke out in a Whistable chip shop earlier today.
Two fire engines were called to Whistable Fish Bar in the High Street shortly after 11am on Friday after a chimney fire started in the restaurant.
Fire crews used breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze.
The chip shop is now closed for the next few hours as owners clean up after the fire.
A member of staff said: "It wasn't a big fire so there hasn't been any damage.
"We just need the next few hours to clear up - the fire staff used a powder to help put it out so we need to get rid of that.
"We will be back open this afternoon."
- Click here for more Canterbury news
- Click here for more news from across the county