Whitstable man rescued by firefighters after a kitchen flat fire in Wicketts End
Firefighters rescued a man from his flat today after smoke filled his kitchen when he fell asleep boiling eggs.
Two Whitstable fire crews were called to an address in Wicketts End at 11.45am after they were alerted by a passer by.
Two fire crews were called to the scene
Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman Alan Bradford says the man, believed to be in his 40s, fell asleep cooking eggs with smoke seeping from the boiling pan.
He was rescued from the flat suffering smoke inhalation before being treated by ambulance crews at the scene.
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel to tackle the flames before leaving the address at 12.10pm.
- Click here for more Canterbury news
- Click here for more news from across the county