David Aldridge and partner Clare Price of Woodrow Chase, Herne, walk their three-year-old dog Jenna every day in the nearby Cherry Orchard playing fields.
But recently Jenna injured her paw on broken glass and had to be taken to the vet.
Jenna's injuries after walking on broken glass
The couple were shocked to find a dozen dog biscuits had been left, they believe deliberately, close to the smashed bottle.
Mr Aldridge, 42, who owns Herne Bay Mobility, said: “We go for our walk there pretty much every day. We are always careful of broken glass as it’s a well-used playing field.
“But then we saw that there were about half a dozen dog biscuits left there.
“It’s sick, it’s not something that a normal, sane person does. It was a disgusting and horrendous thing to do. Just weird.
“If I could say anything to the person who left the dog biscuits, I would ask why? Where do you get off on that?
Glass found on the playing field in Herne
“I can’t really work out why anybody would want to do anything like that. The glass would injure an animal or child. It wouldn’t achieve anything.”
The couple had to take Jenna to the Animed Veterinary Centre in Whitstable where her wounds were dressed and bandaged.
Mr Aldridge added: “She has her pad bandaged and she’s not very mobile at the moment.
“She was in distress because you can’t tell them about treatment and antibiotics.
Dave Aldridge and Clare Price with Jenna
“It has caused a lot of hassle with trips to the vet and the expense of it.”
Miss Price, 34, said: “I’m really annoyed. Jenna is my baby so it’s very sad. It’s hard not to take it personally.”
“It’s sick, it’s not something that a normal, sane person does. It was a disgusting and horrendous thing to do" - David Aldridge
Last month a dog called Mia suffered severe bleeding after cutting its paw open while walking in long grass near Swalecliffe but there were no reports of dog biscuits being left there.
Animed vet Mark Moreton said: “We see three or four injuries like this every week. It can cause serious damage to nerves, tendons and blood vessels which may lead to loss of limbs.
“But most of the time the damage is superficial.
“The best thing an owner can do is put some material over the wound and apply pressure to stop the bleeding. They should then see the vet straight away.”