Fire in Ashford
A blaze broke out at a house in Ashford
last night after cigarettes were left
Two engines and around 10 firefighters were
called to the property in St Stephen’s Walk at 10.30pm and
spent 30 minutes tackling the fire. The home needed ventilating and
suffered damage to the paintwork.
Watch manager Timothy Handey said: “The
property was not fitted with smoke alarms, and although there
wasn’t a great deal of damage this time, the fire would have been
detected a lot earlier if smoke alarms had been in use.
“We would just like to reiterate to everyone
the importance of smoke alarms.”
A woman' was taken to hospital suffering
from the effects of breathing in smoke after a fire at a flat in
Tunbridge Wells. Firefighters were called to the property in
Alandale Road just before midday yesterday - it's thought a
portable grill had been left on in the kitchen.
A passer-by raised the alarm and woke the
three adults who were asleep in the flat.
- Click here for more news from across the county...