Police seek man in connection with Travel agent's robberies
This is a
man police want to speak to in connection with a spate of travel
agency robberies across Kent and Sussex.
Jamal Joseph, 22, comes from the London area, and officers want
to speak to him after thefts of foreign currency and traveller
cheques from Thomas Cook stores.
Det Chief Insp Eddie Fox said: "If anyone knows the whereabouts
of Mr Joseph, please contact police immedietly. If you see him do
not approach him, make a note of the time and location and call
police as soon as possible."
It comes after another man was charged in connection with the
Luis Christo, 20, of Tulse Hill in London, was arrested in the
early hours of New Year's Eve as tried to board a plane to Lisbon
at Gatwick airport.
He appeared before Canterbury magistrates, charged with four
counts of robbery and four of possessing a firearm while committing
In all cases, the offences took place at travel agents when
currency and travellers cheques were stolen.
The robberies took place on the following dates:
• 28 December 2012 at a travel agents in Church road, Hove
• 14 December 2012 at a travel agents in High Street, Hythe
• 10 December 2012 at a travel agents in King Street,
• 7 December 2012 at a loan/ cheque cashing shop in Barnet
Christo was remanded in custody until Wednesday January 9.
- Click here for more news from across the county...