Blaze at Rainham Mark Grammar School
A blaze broke out at Rainham Mark Grammar
School in the early hours of this morning - destroying the science
Firefighters battled against thick black acrid
smoke to stop it spreading to other buildings at the school in Pump
It is believed it was sparked by a faulty
battery tester in the laboratory.
Head teacher Simon Decker said: “I can’t thank
the fire crews enough. They were here within three minutes and
averted what could have been a real disaster as we keep a lot of
chemicals in rooms near by.”
Twelve firefighters from Medway wearing
breathing apparatus used a special fan to pump air into the
block to prevent an explosion.
- Click here for more news from across the county...