The UK's fastest-growing regional news network
25°C | 12°C
22°C | 12°C
23°C | 13°C
See the full forecast for your area.
Sponsored by Britelite.
Home Lifestyle Charities Article
Pilgrims Hospices is a charity which provides palliative care services free of charge to 600,000 people throughout the whole 700 square miles of East Kent. Pilgrims has hospices in Canterbury, Thanet and Ashford.
In addition to providing relief from distressing symptoms caused by advanced and incurable illness and support to patients' they provide further support to families and carers. Pilgrims endeavour to make a difference to the quality of life for all concerned.
Pilgrims mission is to sustain, develop and deliver a full range of in-patient, day hospice, community support, bereavement and pastoral care within 30 minutes of everyone in east Kent.
Key facts about Pilgrims Hospices
- 3 hospices with 56 in patient beds in total
- 12 days is the average length of stay in the in-patient unit
- 17 hospice shops
- eBay Trading
- 18 CNS nurses who have about 25-35 patients each
- 180 day patient places every week
- 280 paid staff
- 1000 volunteers - vital and valued, without them Pilgrims could not operate
- 1500 referrals per year
- £1600 per bed per week
- 18,600 people play the Pilgrims Lottery
- £6.7 million per year to run
Click here for more charities from Lifestyle.
Click here for more news from around the county.