Home   Maidstone   News   Article

Crews called to house fire in Aylesford

By William Janes

A smoke alarm fitted by firefighters at an Aylesford home only last year alerted the occupants to a bedroom blaze this morning.

The fire, which broke out in a first floor room in the two-storey house in Hermitage Lane, was reported shortly before 10.30am.

Two fire engines attended where crews used breathing apparatus when entering the house and a fan to clear the air.

Crews were called shortly before 10.30am. (1370176)
Crews were called shortly before 10.30am. (1370176)

The fire, which is believed to be accidental, caused damage to the bedroom, heavy smoke logging to the first floor and minor smoke damage to the ground floor.

Firefighters extinguished the fire which broke out at a home in Hermitage Lane. (1370169)
Firefighters extinguished the fire which broke out at a home in Hermitage Lane. (1370169)

There were no reported injuries.

The smoke alarm was fitted by crews in February last year.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More