Share

Light rain

Mon

°C | 13°C

Broken cloud

Tue

21°C | 12°C

Clear spells

Wed

23°C | 12°C

Home   Maidstone   News   Article

Dog dies and boy injured in fire in Back Lane, Horsmonden

27 January 2014
by Claire McWethy
A 17-year-old boy has been treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns after trying in vain to save his dog from a kitchen fire.
 
Firefighters were called to a house in Back Lane, Horsmonden at 4.45pm on Saturday after the boy discovered the fire and raised the alarm.
 
The blaze started after some clothes in a plastic washing basket, left on top of the hob, caught alight.  It is thought the controls were knocked.
 
A fire engine.

Fire crews were called to a roof fire in Goudhurst

 
Marden Crew Manager Andy Wardley said: “Smoke alarms sounded and the boy discovered the fire; he tried to rescue the dog but unfortunately couldn’t and he suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns in the process. Sadly the dog inhaled too much smoke and died.”
 
Two fire engines were sent to the scene and put out the small fire. They say the incident is a reminder to residents to not leave items on top of or near cookers and hobs.
 
For free fire safety advice contact Kent Fire and Rescue Service on 0800 923 7000 or visit www.3breaths.info.

Click here for more news from Maidstone.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.