Share

Thunderstorm

Fri

24°C | 14°C

Thunderstorm

Sat

23°C | 13°C

Mostly sunny

Sun

22°C | 12°C

Home   Maidstone   News   Article

House fire in Marden

01 February 2013

Fire stock

A dog has died in a Marden house fire this afternoon.

The pet, believed to be a labrador, perished in the blaze which, at its height involved six appliances and a water unit in Chantry Road.

It broke out in the house at around 2.30pm.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus fought the fire with two hose reel jets and two main jets.

A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said crews were scaling the operation back by 4pm.

There are no reports of any human injuries. However, there are tailbacks of traffic in the area.

Click here for more news from Maidstone.

Click here for more news from around the county.