Published: 00:00, 02 September 2014 |
Updated: 18:06, 02 September 2014
A man has been taken to hospital after a tumble dryer started a small fire in a cellar this afternoon.
The man was taken to be treated for smoke inhalation after the blaze broke out in Melville Road at about 4.20pm.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service sent two fire engines to the scene and remained there until 5.15pm.
A thermal imaging camera was used to make sure no hotspots were present before crews left.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.