Home   Maidstone   Sport   Article

Midweek Ryman League round-up

By Craig Tucker
Former Gillingham man Charlie Allen scored for Margate Picture: Barry Goodwin

Maidstone and Margate held on to their 100% records in the Ryman League Premier Division on Tuesday night.

Leaders United beat Hampton & Richmond 2-0 at the Gallagher Stadium while Blues were 3-1 winners at home to East Thurrock.

Charlie Allen's penalty gave Margate a half-time lead.

Ryan Moss' double moved them clear before Lewis Smith replied with a late penalty.

Captain Jerrome Sobers set Tonbridge Angels on their way to a 2-0 home win over nine-man Lewes.

The big defender put Steve McKimm's side in front just after the half-hour, with Alex Teniola clinching victory after Lewes had Jordan Sanderson and Ollie Rowe sent off.

Promoted VCD Athletic are still waiting for their first point of the season after a 1-0 defeat at Enfield Town.

In Ryman League Division 1 South, Sittingbourne's flying start continued with a 2-1 win at Kent rivals Hythe Town.

Joe Nwoko headed Brickies in front with his first goal since rejoining the club. Craig Thompson levelled but Nick Dunsdon's penalty made it three wins out of four for unbeaten Brickies, who remain second in the table.

Read Steve Tervet's match report from Reachfields.

Faversham Town are third after a 3-1 home win against Ramsgate.

Wayne Wilson's first-half opener was cancelled out by Tom Ripley but goals in the last seven minutes from Darren Marsden and Josh Stanford saw Town to victory.

Ten-man Herne Bay lost their unbeaten record with a 3-2 defeat at Three Bridges.

Stuart King's double levelled the match after Lee Carney and Tony Garrod gave Bridges a two-goal lead at the break.

But Bay had Harry Brown sent off and were beaten by Matt Whitehead's 75th-minute strike.

Whitstable Town's solid start under Jim and Danny Ward continued with a 1-1 home draw against Merstham.

Tom Loynes gave Town a half-time lead, with ex-Maidstone midfielder Fabio Saraiva earning a point for the visitors.

Dane Luchford put Folkestone Invicta in front four minutes into the second half at Whyteleafe but they were denied victory by Jason Thompson's equaliser.

Chatham Town thrashed Brightlingsea Regent 5-1 in Ryman League Division 1 North.

Luke Medley's double and a Lee Hales effort gave Chats a three-goal lead at the break.

Two goals in three minutes from Ade Yusuff, including a penalty, put the game to bed before Ricky Griggs' last-minute consolation.

Cray Wanderers picked up their first win since relegation with doubles from Pat O'Connor and Ian Daly in a 4-2 victory over Barkingside.

Thamesmead Town were 2-0 winners over Waltham Abbey thanks to goals from Tyrus Gordon-Young and Ashley Probets.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More