Published: 00:00, 13 April 2014 |
Updated: 15:48, 13 April 2014
A blocked chimney sparked a fire at a popular pub.
Staff at the Five Pointed Star, in West Malling, dialed 999 today after their chimney caught alight.
Two crews from Kent Fire and Rescue Service arrived at the High Street business shortly after 10.50am.
They spent just under an hour tackling the blaze, which is believed to have been caused by a build-up of particles from the last time the fireplace was used.
No injures were reported and the pub opened as usual.
Manager Bridgett Lindsey said: "It was a bit chilly this morning so we thought we'd light the fire but we accidentally set alight to our chimney. Everything is fine now, though.
"The firefighters were fantastic. I can't praise them enough. They put sheets down and just got it sorted for us.
"I'm not sure what happened as we only recently had a new liner put in the chimney but the main thing is no one was hurt and we're open as normal."
The team left the scene at 11.40am.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
We have four editions of our Kent Homes, Gardens and Interiors magazine for you to read. Click here to view them all.