Published: 00:00, 29 May 2014
| Updated: 15:59, 29 May 2014
Firefighters have tackled a blaze in the kitchen of a home in Rainham this morning.
Crews were called out to the property, a semi-detached house in Kendal Way, at about 10.25am.
Someone from a neighbouring property heard the smoke alarm sounding in the house and dialed 999.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the house to put out the blaze, which is believed to have started in a fridge.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service, said: “The kitchen was damaged by fire and the whole house was smoke damaged but no one was injured.”
The crews left the scene shortly after 11am.
From academic achievements to engineering accolades and new facilities, Kent College offers students an outstanding school life.
Enter this month’s competition and you could win a luxurious return crossing!Sponsored editorial
There's no uniform or bells and students and staff are on first name terms. School life at Rochester Independent College is unique.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.