Share

Clear

Thu

°C | 5°C

Clear spells

Fri

12°C | 3°C

Broken cloud

Sat

12°C | 7°C

Home   Medway   News   Article

Dog dies after being rescued from house fire in Strood that leaves home badly damaged

14 December 2013
by Medway Messenger reporter

Fire crews were called to a house in Strood

Fire crews freed three passengers who were trapped in a car

A dog has died in a house fire in Strood after being rescued along with two other animals.

Two fire engines were called to Wyatt Place after the blaze started in the kitchen yesterday morning.

Crews found smoke coming from the house when they arrived at about 11.45am.

The householder had already evacuated, but three animals were trapped inside.

Wearing breathing apparatus, two firefighters entered the building and rescued two dogs and a cat.

A Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "Unfortunately one of the dogs died at the scene and the other one was taken to a vet."

The fire is believed to have started after an electric cooker, which was accidentally left on, set fire to a cooking tray on top.

The kitchen was badly damaged and the first floor suffered substantial smoke damage.

Crews were on the scene for an hour.

 

Click here for more news from Medway.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 
Sorry, comments are not enabled for this article.

Login or register to post commentsPost Comment

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.