Published: 11:30, 26 September 2017 |
Updated: 11:37, 26 September 2017
A block of flats had to be evacuated after a chip pan fire broke out in one of the homes.
It is understood the homeowner had fallen asleep after putting the chip pan on the hob.
Firefighters from Strood and Rochester stations were called at about 10pm last night to Razorbill Close, in Strood where they found the pan well alight.
The fire had broken out on the second floor of the three-storey building and all flats were evacuated as a safety precaution.
Paramedics were also called to the scene and assessed people for smoke inhalation, but there were no reports of any injuries and no one needed to be treated.
The crews used breathing apparatus to enter the property to put out the flames.
The kitchen suffered severe fire damage as a result of the fire and most of the rest of the flat suffered smoke damage.
Firefighters then cleared smoke from the flat and the stairs of the block using a large fan.
The incident has led firefighters to remind people not to leave cooking unattended.
They say if you have to leave the room, turn the heat off before you go.
Crews left the scene after about 45 minutes.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
We have four editions of our Kent Homes, Gardens and Interiors magazine for you to read. Click here to view them all.