Share

Clear spells

Sat

16°C | 9°C

Broken cloud

Sun

16°C | 11°C

Mostly clear

Mon

18°C | 11°C

Home   Medway   News   Article

Firefighters save cats from flat fire in Rochester

09 May 2014
by Chris Hunter
Two cats have been rescued from a smoke-filled Rochester flat after a fire in an outbuilding spread to the home above.
 
Fire crews from Medway were called to Neville Road at just before 10pm yesterday after reports of a fire in the back garden.
 
But, on arrival, they found a storage shed was alight and had spread to the flat above.
Firefighters rescued two cats from a blaze

Firefighters rescued two cats from a blaze

The male owner was able to escape, but told crews his cats were still inside.
 
Crew manager Jody Morgan said: "We used breathing apparatus to go back in and, fortunately, found them very quickly cowering in a corner. They were scared, but relieved to see us."
 
He praised crews for putting the fire out in less than half-an-hour.
 
The shed was destroyed and some smoke damage was caused to the kitchen and bathroom of the flat.

Click here for more news from Medway.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.