Share

Light rain

Wed

11°C | 8°C

Cloudy

Thu

12°C | 8°C

Broken cloud

Fri

13°C | 8°C

Home   Medway   News   Article

Strood man taken to Medway Maritime Hospital in Gillingham after fire breaks out in kitchen

15 March 2014
by Lynn Cox
A man was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke after a fire broke out in his home.
 
The homeowner, thought to be 56, has to be rescued from his flat after a fire broke out in the kitchen shortly before 7pm on Friday.
 
Kent Fire and Rescue Service engine

Fire crews went to the scene

Firefighters and paramedics were called out to the maisonette in Montfort Road, Strood, after the property filled with smoke.
 
It is thought the fire may have broken out after a pan caught fire on the hob. 
Crews from Strood and Medway fire stations were sent to the scene and used breathing apparatus to enter the property and put the flames out.
They also used a positive pressure fan to disperse the smoke from inside. 
 
The man was taken to Medway Maritime Hospital, in Gillingham, suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke and another man was give first aid at the scene.

Click here for more news from Medway.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.