The UK's fastest growing regional news website
°C | 7°C
14°C | 6°C
18°C | 7°C
See the full forecast for your area.
Sponsored by Britelite.
Home Medway News Article
Sally Hann, of Gordon Road, was reported missing by her husband Keith on October 25 after she went shopping in the town and failed to return.
Four days later, the family were told the 55-year-old had been found by police.
The force told her she was safe and well, but they could not disclose her whereabouts, in line with her wishes, and were no longer treating her as a missing person.
Mrs Hann, mother-of-four and grandmother-of-four, is known to have boarded a flight to Cancun in Mexico four days after she was reported missing.
She said she would contact her family in three weeks, but they still have not heard from her over a month later. As a result, Kent Police have reopened the case.
Her daughter Kirsty Fraser, 32, said: "My persistence has paid off. I have been informed by Kent Police they are going to reopen my mum's case, given all the circumstances. I just feel relief they are doing something."
Ms Fraser said she was worried about her mother as she suffers from depression. She said: "I'm just worried sick everyday. I just want her to get in touch."
A Kent Police spokesman said: "As Mrs Hann has not made contact with her family yet, we are now classifying her as a missing person again and are making inquiries to establish her whereabouts."
Click here for more news from Medway.
Click here for more news from around the county.