Share

Broken cloud

Tue

19°C | 12°C

Sunny spells

Wed

22°C | 15°C

Mostly Cloudy

Thu

19°C | 11°C

Home   Medway   News   Article

Yobs stab new mum Donna Cross who asked them to be quiet in Chatham

18 March 2016
by Jenni Horn

Donna Cross had “reached the end of her tether” when she shouted at a group of youths outside her house in Southill Road, Chatham to shut up and go away.

One of the group then assaulted her, leaving Miss Cross with what is thought to be a knife wound in her chest.

Donna with her partner Jon Stone

Donna with her partner Jon Stone

Her boyfriend Jon Stone said: “It all happened so quickly, neither of us realised she had been stabbed at first.

“Then Donna felt the blood on her chest.

“I thought she was going to die. All I could think of was our baby daughter being left without her mum.”

Miss Cross, who gave birth eight weeks ago, was taken to Kings’ College Hospital in London where she had to undergo surgery.

She has since been discharged.

Following the attack, which happened at around 8.45pm on Tuesday, the youths ran off towards the White Road estate.

Police patrols searched the area and arrested one man, but he has been released without charge.

Mr Stone, 32, said: “It should be treated as attempted murder.

“The wound was in her breast bone, just above her heart. Donna lost a lot of blood, about two-and-a-half pints.”

The company director added: “There are always youths hanging about in the street, making noise. Donna had just reached the end of her tether.”

Mr Stone said it was a woman of about 18 who attacked Miss Stone. He describes her as white, with long brown hair.

She was slim built and wearing a tracksuit.

Another girl had fair hair and was wearing a tracksuit and the man was riding a push bike.

A spokesman for Kent Police said: “Kent Police was called at 8.45pm on Tuesday, March 15 to a report of an assault in Southill Road, Chatham. A woman was taken to a London hospital for treatment to her injuries.

“A 19-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident and has since been released without charge.

“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.”

 

Click here for more news from Medway.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Sorry, comments are not enabled for this article.

Register or log in via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or your KentOnline account to post comments.Post Comment

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned. Please click here for our house rules.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.