Share

Clear

Tue

15°C | 7°C

Sunny spells

Wed

13°C | 8°C

Cloudy

Thu

16°C | 13°C

Home   Medway   News   Article

Ex-EastEnders actress Daniella Westbrook's 'stolen' car taken by bailiffs

30 April 2014
by Jenni Horn

Ex-EastEnders actress Daniella Westbrook has been left red-faced after her car was reportedly repossessed but she thought it had been stolen.

The star took to Twitter on Thursday to rant abut her car being nicked in Medway. 

She posted: "Just walked out my house my cars [sic] been stolen !!! #Fuming"

Daniella Westbrook

She posted a few minutes later that Medway police were aware. 

Her boyfriend Tom Richards Tweeted a picture of Westbrook's black Peugeot with the message: "@westbrookdanni car just been stolen , if anyone sees this can u please contact the police".

But it has now been reported that the car was in fact taken by bailiffs.

She told the Daily Mirror it was a "complete and utter misunderstanding". 

She added: "I forgot to set up the direct debit so didn't realise that the payments were not being made."

The former soap star, who played Sam Mitchell in EastEnders, emigrated from Kent to California in 2010, but was reported to have bought another home in the county recently.

Picture @TomRichards1989

Twice married, the 40-year-old was said to have recently got engaged to toyboy lover Tom Richards.

The latest drama in Westbrook's life follows the arrest of her 17-year-old son Kai Jenkins.
 
He was questioned by Kent Police last week after an alleged public order offence in Rochester.
 
But Westbrook has denied claims made in The Sun newspaper that she jumped on a police car.
 
The article claimed that she had leapt on top of a patrol car in a “blind rage” after officers arrested her teenage son.
 
She later tweeted: “I must b fitter than I thought for 40 lol jumping on police cars?I’m sure that someone would get arrested for that! If it’s was true! Pmsl.” 
 
A spokesperson from Kent Police said: “Kent Police is investigating an alleged public order offence following a reported disturbance in Rochester just after 10.30am on Wednesday, April 23. 
 
“A 17-year-old boy was arrested and bailed until June 4 pending further enquiries.”

 

 

Click here for more news from Medway.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.