Home   Medway   News   Article

Medway biker who died on M2 near Faversham named as Anthony Medhurst

By Medway Messenger reporter

Tributes have been paid to a young Medway motorcyclist who died in a crash on the M2.

Family and friends have written heartfelt tributes to Anthony Clive Medhurst following the collision on the coastbound carriageway, close to Faversham, on Friday morning.

The rider, believed to be 28 and from the Towns, died after his bike collided with a van at about 8.20am.

Anthony Medhurst was killed in the accident.

Anthony Medhurst was killed in the accident.

It is understood the biker, named in online tributes and thought to be from the Hoo area, was on his way to work at a Mr Clutch Autocentre.

Mr Medhurst was riding a green Kawasaki, which collided with a blue Iveco Daily van.

His brother, Stefan Medhurst, wrote a tribute on Facebook.

He said: “Rip big bro never thought I’d be writing anything like this but you were loved by so many your memories will stay with us for years to come sleep tight brother love you xx.”

Others commented they were sorry Mr Medhurst had died.

The crash closed the motorway for several hours.

The crash closed the motorway for several hours.

Mindis Tamas wrote: “I am so sorry for your loss Stefan. He was such a nice guy.”

Christine Darbey wrote: “So sorry such a lovely young man xx”

Sara-Jane Saunders wrote: “Anthony was such a lovely guy and I’m so sorry to hear that he has gone. He will be missed by so many - was great working with him x”

Stefan also thanked people for their kind words as others asked him how his brother died.

He then posted: “On his bike on M2 on his way to work.”

The fatal smash left the M2 closed for more than five hours between junctions 6 and 7 while officers carried out their investigation.

Police confirmed the biker died at the scene and that his next of kin had been informed.

Anthony Medhurst died in the crash on the M2.

Anthony Medhurst died in the crash on the M2.

Officers were called at 8.20am and an air ambulance was scrambled.

Police had to temporarily hold traffic on the London-bound carriageway to allow the air ambulance to land for the accident on the opposite carriageway.

There were eight-mile tailbacks as motorists got caught up in the aftermath and the coastbound carriageway eventually reopened at 2.30pm.

Police are appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone who may have footage caught on a dashcam or other device that may assist their investigation.

Anyone who witnessed the collision or the moments leading up to it is asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 01622 798538. 

On Tuesday, June 13 a crash involving a car transporter and two lorries shut the same stretch of the M2 for about 10 hours.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More