Published: 09:30, 23 March 2017 |
Updated: 09:43, 23 March 2017
A fire broke out in a house in Twydall on Wednesday night when a tumble dryer overheated.
Firefighters were called to the property in Selstead Close around 9.30pm.
Crew manager West, from Chatham station, said: “Everybody was out when we got there, we put the tumble dryer out, cleaned up and left.”
He added: “Please make sure your tumble dryer is well ventilated while in use, don’t leave it unattended, and make sure that there are smoke alarms in the property.”
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used one high pressured hose reel and one main jet to put out the flames in the two storey house.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.