Home   Medway   News   Article

Firefighters called to tumble dryer fire in Selstead Close, Twydall

A fire broke out in a house in Twydall on Wednesday night when a tumble dryer overheated.

Firefighters were called to the property in Selstead Close around 9.30pm.

Crew manager West, from Chatham station, said: “Everybody was out when we got there, we put the tumble dryer out, cleaned up and left.”

Stock image.

Stock image.

He added: “Please make sure your tumble dryer is well ventilated while in use, don’t leave it unattended, and make sure that there are smoke alarms in the property.”

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used one high pressured hose reel and one main jet to put out the flames in the two storey house. 

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More