A cheeky bull terrier from Medway bit off more than he could chew after swallowing a whole corn on the cob – for the second time.
Four-year-old Dodger sneaked the veggie snack while his family were not watching. Not long after, he began vomiting before collapsing.
Owner Philippa Sands took him to Wigmore Veterinary Centre, in Maidstone Road, fearing the worst for him.
Dodger the cheeky bull terrier
Suzi Williams, from the centre, said: "Dodger's tummy was clearly painful and after examining him he was put on fluids and medication and had X-rays.
"They did not show any foreign body in his guts so we decided to monitor how he got on with the medication.
"Unfortunately, Dodger continued to be sick and was not improving. We felt we had no option but to operate.
"There was a corn on the cob well and truly lodged in his large bowel."
Bob and Philippa Sands with Dodger, who swallowed a corn on the cob
Dodger found himself in trouble three years ago after eating the vegetable when he was 10 months. He needed surgery when it became stuck in his intestine.
Mrs Sands, of Parkwood, added: "After the first time, we have been meticulous about wrapping them up and placing them in the bin.
"I couldn't believe it when I found out it was corn on the cob for the second time. I don't think the vets could either."