Danny and Caroline Williams found a piece of plastic in their biscuits
When Caroline Williams sat down to watch Casualty with some Rich Teas and a coffee, she noticed something odd.
The McVitie's favourites her husband Danny had bought from Iceland contained a surprise - a sharp shard of plastic.
The couple, of Darnley Road, Strood, said they could have been facing their own casualty had 41-year-old Caroline choked.
Danny, 51, said: "We don't know what bit of contamination could have been on there, or where it's been.
"It could be a one-off pack or it could be a bigger problem, we don't know. We wanted to warn people."
The couple, both currently unemployed, sealed the biscuits and planned to take them back to Iceland in Strood.
Danny added: "I think it's a problem with McVitie's. Iceland can't help where they get their stuff from."
A spokesman for United Biscuits, which owns McVitie's, said: "We are concerned to hear of the complaint from Mr and Mrs Williams.
"As a responsible food manufacturer, United Biscuits takes the quality of our products extremely seriously and has stringent quality assurance procedures in place.
"We are contacting Mr and Mrs Williams so that we can conduct an investigation. We are not aware of any similar complaints."
The piece of perspex found in a pack of Rich Tea biscuits
Have you ever found something out of place in your biscuits - or other food? Email email@example.com.
Stories you might have missed