Gillingham teenager taken to Medway Maritime Hospital after chimney collapse at his home
Firefighters were in attendance
A teenage boy suffered cuts to his head after part of a chimney collapsed on him at the family home in Gillingham.
The 15-year-old was asleep in his bedroom when the stack started to crumble at the house in Gillingham Road just before midnight on Monday.
Firefighters were called to make the the terrace property safe.
Paramedics treated the boy at the scene and took him to Medway Maritime Hospital as a precaution.
Paul Wood, watch manager, said: "It must have been a bit of a shock to him. But thankfully he was not seriously injured and was able to walk out of the house.
"We advised the family to sleep downstairs and get it repaired the following day."
It is not believed the incident was weather related.
- Do you know the boy? Contact the newsroom on 01634 227803.
- Click here for more Medway news
- Click here for more news from across the county