Home   Romney Marsh   News   Article

Two treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Daglish Close, New Romney

By KentOnline reporter

Two children have been treated by paramedics after a house fire broke out in the early hours.

The youngsters, both aged under 10, had to be treated after suffering breathing difficulties following the blaze at their family home.

The fire started in the bathroom of a terraced house in Daglish Close, New Romney, just before 3.30am.

The roof was badly damaged. Picture: @Kent_999s.
The roof was badly damaged. Picture: @Kent_999s.

Firefighters from four fire engines wearing breathing apparatus used roof ladders and a main jet to tackle the flames for around three hours.

Ambulance crews were also called and the Red Cross provided support to the victims - a family of four.

None of the casualties required hospital treatment.

The roof was badly damaged in the blaze.

Fire crews left the scene shortly after 6am.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More