Home   Tenterden   News   Article

Fire started in bedroom of house at Priory Way, Tenterden

By Rachael Woods

A blaze that set a bedroom alight is thought to have been caused by a faulty electrical socket.

Residents of a two-storey house in Priory Way, Tenterden, waited outside their home for firefighters to arrive last night at 7.16pm.

Fire crews tackled the blaze. Stock image

Fire crews tackled the blaze. Stock image

Two appliances attended and firefighters used breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a ventilation fan to tackle the blaze.

The cause of the fire was thought to be accidental and appeared to trace back to an electrical socket on the wall.

Fire crews were at the home for just over one hour.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More