Published: 10:02, 28 July 2017
| Updated: 00:53, 01 March 2018
A man has been taken to hospital after firefighters responded to a 999 call in Ellington Road, Ramsgate.
Fire crews were called at around 10.20pm last night after a neighbour reported a burning smell.
Crews carried out a thermal scan and identified a neighbouring smoke-logged property.
They gave oxygen therapy to the occupier and also removed a pan of hot oil to the rear garden and cleared the smoke.
The man was taken to hospital by ambulance for precautionary checks.
From academic achievements to engineering accolades and new facilities, Kent College offers students an outstanding school life.
Enter this month’s competition and you could win a luxurious return crossing!Sponsored editorial
There's no uniform or bells and students and staff are on first name terms. School life at Rochester Independent College is unique.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.