Published: 09:44, 28 July 2017 |
Updated: 09:50, 28 July 2017
An elderly woman and a dog have been treated for breathing in too much smoke after a fire broke out in a flat.
Fire crews were sent to Packers Lane, Ramsgate just before 10pm last night after neighbours heard smoke alarms sounding in a ground floor flat.
It is believed to have started after something had been inadvertently left on the cooker hob, causing it to smoulder.
Two fire engines were sent to the scene and firefighters carried out a thermal image scan of the property, before forcing entry into the flat.
An elderly woman was led to safety and given oxygen therapy before being passed into the care of the ambulance service.
A pet oxygen mask was also used on her dog, as they had both inhaled smoke.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.