Home   Thanet   News   Article

Margate: Homes evacuated after tumble dryer fire

By Ed McConnell

Three adults and a child have been left homeless following a fire at a house in Margate.

It is understood the damage was caused by a tumble dryer that went up in flames in the kitchen of the property in Grosvenor Place.

No one was injured but the family and residents living in neighbouring properties had to be evacuated as firefighters attempted to stop the blaze spreading.

The fire crews at the scene. Picture Annies Larder

The fire crews at the scene. Picture: Annies Larder

They needed to wear breathing gear as they tackled the flames and took around an hour to bring the fire under control.

It broke out at about 7.11pm and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
 
A fire service spokesman said: "Kent Fire and Rescue Service volunteers and the British Red Cross are attending to see to the welfare of the occupants."
 
An electrical safety engineer from UK Power Networks was also called to the scene.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Live updates

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More