Published: 11:54, 05 April 2018
| Updated: 17:28, 05 April 2018
A university student died at a house party after taking ecstasy, an inquest heard.
Alexander Chauvin, 20, from Tonbridge, is reported to have said he took the drug, also known as MDMA, before attending the party in Colchester on January 14 while studying at the University of Essex.
An inquest this morning heard how he was later found collapsed and, despite efforts by paramedics who performed CPR, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after 12.30am.
A pathologist determined the cause of death to be MDMA toxicity but will be finally decided in a full inquest.
According to his LinkedIn Page, Mr Chauvin was studying for his bachelor's degree in computer science, worked at McDonald's in Colchester, and was an active member of the university's E-sports society.
His funeral was held at Corpus Christi Church in Tonbridge on February 2.
After his death, a JustGiving page was set up in his memory to raise money for Médecines Sans Frontières, as the creator says the student "believed in humanity" and would have supported the charity's mission.
The webpage also describes Mr Chauvin as "a kind and caring young man, always willing to support his friends and family."
So far £2,357 has been raised.
One donor, Karen Kelsall, commented: "It was a privilege to have known Alex, he was a beautiful young man with a kind heart. Heaven has truly gained an Angel and our thoughts and prayers are with you."
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.