Published: 00:00, 11 April 2014 |
Updated: 10:09, 11 April 2014
Two men were taken to hospital with burns to their face and chest after trying to light a barbecue with fuel meant to be used to power remote control cars.
Fire crews were sent to Woolley Grove in Tunbridge Wells following an emergency call.
They put out the barbecue and helped ambulance crews treat the two men before they were taken to hospital.
Watch manager Mark Havell, who attended the incident, said: "It appears that the two men were trying to light up the barbecue and attempted to speed up the process by using fuel used for remote control cars. Unfortunately the vapours from the fuel ignited leading to both men suffering from burns."
"I cannot stress enough how dangerous using accelerants such as petrol to light a barbecue or bonfire really is, so if you are planning a family get together in the garden always keep safety in mind and follow instructions carefully."
The incident happened on Wednesday night, and crews returned to Woolley Grove last night providing barbeque safety information to local residents.
Don't miss out, subscribe today. Keep up to date with our newsletters.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Find out what's going on in the garden, with Kent expert Lucy Hewett's weekly update.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.