Published: 10:05, 02 June 2017 |
Updated: 10:31, 02 June 2017
A neighbour called emergency services after the smoke alarm alerted him to a fire in a nearby flat.
It is believed the occupier had been recharging an LED torch, and was concerned about how hot the plug had become, so had unplugged it from the electricity supply to leave it to cool on a ceramic worktop.
Minutes later the unit caught alight, and a battery cell from the unit exploded across the room, setting fire to a coat and damaging a plasterboard wall.
An extension lead and plugs were also damaged.
Firefighters were sent to Chilston Road in Tunbridge Wells at 7.40am.
Two fire engines rushed to the scene to find the neighbour had used a fire extinguisher to quash the flames.
Crews then used thermal imaging cameras to check the blaze hadn't spread.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.