Home   Whitstable   News   Article

Horsebridge Centre in Whitstable: Kent Fire and Rescue Service called to lift shaft fire

By KentOnline reporter

A fire has broken out in the lift shaft of an arts and community centre.

Crews were called to the Horsebridge Centre in Sea Street, Whitstable, at 12.34pm after smoke was seen coming from the first floor.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus put out the blaze while the police controlled the traffic.

Video: Fire breaks out at the Horsebridge Centre

The blaze caused smoke logging in the lift shaft and on the second floor of the building, which was ventilated with a special fan.

A faulty electrical box is the cause of the fire. No one was hurt.

Police have closed one end of Sea Street.

Police have closed one end of Sea Street.

The emergency services remain on the scene.

For all of the latest traffic information, tune into kmfm.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More