Published: 16:00, 27 November 2016 |
Updated: 16:41, 27 November 2016
A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a washing machine caught fire at a house early this morning.
Firefighters were sent to the property in Avondale Close in Whitstable at 7.30am.
When they arrived they found the washing machine had caught fire.
Crews used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to deal with the flames.
They then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property.
Firefighters from two engines were at the scene for an hour to deal with the fire and clear the smoke.
A man suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation was passed into the care of paramedics.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.