Share

Broken cloud

Wed

20°C | 12°C

Sunny spells

Thu

21°C | 10°C

Sunny spells

Fri

20°C | 12°C

Home   Whitstable   News   Article

Man taken to hospital with burn injuries after his shirt caught alight cooking at home in Faversham Road, Whitstable

13 May 2014
by Jamie Bullen

A man was treated for burn injuries last night after his shirt caught fire while he was cooking.

Whitstable fire crews sent two engines to an address in Faversham Road at 6.40pm but the fire was extinguished by the time they arrived. 

The man was treated for superficial burns at the scene before he was taken to hospital for further treatment. 

 

Library image

Library image

It is believed the man, who is understood to be in his 50s, suffered the burns while cooking at his caravan.

Crew manager Graeme Browning says the injuries were caused by accident.

Ambulance spokesman Richard Airey says the man was fully conscious when taken to the William Harvey Hospital after suffering burns to his arms and torso.


Stories you might have missed

Thieves strike twice at tragic Peaches Geldof's home

Boreholes to be dug in gardens amid contamination fears

Border staff sue over injuries... from checking passports

Pair hunted after man robbed on train at knifepoint


 

Click here for more news from Whitstable.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.