Published: 00:00, 22 January 2017 |
Updated: 10:52, 22 January 2017
Firefighters have warned people to make sure they use the correct chargers for electric appliances and gadgets.
It follows a callout to Golden Hill in Whitstable at 10pm on Saturday night, where crews responded to call that a hover board had overheated after being charged via the mains.
The fire had already gone out by the time they arrived, and they were able to leave by 10.20pm, but have issued a safety warnings to users to make sure they use the correct chargers.
They also say that charging things like laptops and mobile phones on soft furnishings like sofas or beds can also increase the risk of them overheating and catching fire.
For more information visit www.kent.fire-uk.org.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.