Home   Whitstable   News   Article

Hoverboard fire at Golden Hill, Whitstable

By Aidan Barlow

Firefighters have warned people to make sure they use the correct chargers for electric appliances and gadgets.

It follows a callout to Golden Hill in Whitstable at 10pm on Saturday night, where crews responded to call that a hover board had overheated after being charged via the mains.

The fire had already gone out by the time they arrived, and they were able to leave by 10.20pm, but have issued a safety warnings to users to make sure they use the correct chargers.

A hoverboard caught fire after overheating. Stock image

A hoverboard caught fire after overheating. Stock image

They also say that charging things like laptops and mobile phones on soft furnishings like sofas or beds can also increase the risk of them overheating and catching fire.

For more information visit www.kent.fire-uk.org.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More