Home   Ashford   News   Article

'High risk sex offender' banned from exposing buttocks after revolting footpath attack near Ashford International Station


More news, no ads

LEARN MORE

A sex offender who defecated in his hands and tried grabbing a teenager on a footpath has been banned from exposing his buttocks.

Marcus Dalby, of Ashford, could now be jailed if he flouts the unusual ruling made at Canterbury Crown Court.

Marcus Dalby
Marcus Dalby

It is the latest order handed to the 27-year-old who has recently embarked on a campaign of “revolting and terrifying” crimes.

Dalby’s latest victim, 18, was walking home from Ashford International Station when, in disbelief, she witnessed him expose himself and defecate.

He then tried grabbing his victim about three times, including around the throat, as she screamed, fended him off and fled.

“All I could see was evil in his eyes,” she told the court.

“It was only a normal day and I was walking home and my life changed forever,” she explained.

“All I could think was that I was going to die today, I’m going to be sexually assaulted, I’m not going to see my friends and family again.

“All I could see was evil in his eyes.”

Dalby was last month acquitted of having committed a sexual offence at the same court on May 26.

The verdict hinged on a technicality, which saw Judge Mark Weekes rule Dalby had no case to answer.

Last year, Dalby was handed a Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO) after being deemed a public risk for a previous sexual offence.

It came after he was convicted of performing a sex act on his porch in front of a schoolchild.

When a witness caught the flasher in the act he ran inside his Ashford home shouting “it wasn’t me it was my twin brother.”

Subsequently, a judge handed Dalby a two-year community order and SHPO, it was designed to protect the public and help rehabilitate Dalby.

The order prevented him “from being naked in public.”

But the ruling's wording failed to prohibit Dalby from exposing his buttocks, his barrister Gordon Ross successfully argued during the trial.

With the case quashed, Dalby, who has been held remand for six months, pleaded guilty to common assault, a lesser charge.

It carries a maximum sentence of six months custody which means Dalby, described as Judge Mark Weekes as a “high risk sex offender”, will be released immediately.

Handing down a five-month prison sentence, Judge Weekes told Dalby: “You approached her and pulled down your trousers to at least your knee area and defecated in your hands.

“Having engaged in that revolting behaviour you then approached her with excrement on your hands and tried to make contact with her neck area.

“That must have been a terrifying experience for her.

“To put it bluntly, I imagine that she thought you were going to assault her sexually.”

The judge handed Dalby a restraining order and amended SHPO until further notice.

“(It will) prevent you from exposing your genitals intentionally in public or to the public, and will also prevent you from exposing your bottom to the public,” he continued.

Following his arrest, Dalby, of Pollard Close, told officers he found the girl attractive and “wanted to make her laugh” by revealing his bottom.

Dalby now has three convictions.

In 2015 he was sentenced to eight months in a Youth Offenders’ Institute after sexually assaulting a child in an alley.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More