Home   Ashford   News   Article

Ashford: Man treated for burns after van catches fire

By Georgia Woolf

A man was treated for burns after a van he was welding went up in flames.

Michael Craft, 37, was working on his vehicle in Kingsnorth, Ashford, when it suddenly caught fire at about 5pm yesterday evening.

He was given oxygen and had his burns cooled with running water before going to hospital for further checks.

The damaged van
The damaged van

Two fire engines were sent to the property in Steeds Lane to extinguish the blaze.

Mr Craft's dad, Graham, 70, said: "I got a phone call from my son saying that the van had caught fire.

"The fire spread and singed the side of the van and the guttering on the house.

"He has a swollen face but he is OK."

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More