Home   Canterbury   News   Article

Young woman treated after fire

By KentOnline reporter

Emergency crews were called out when cooking oil caught fire.

A woman in her early 20s was treated for smoke inhalation after the incident in Giles Lane, Canterbury, this afternoon.

It is believed she had left a small amount of oil in a pan and was alerted by smoke alarms in the property.

A dramatic picture showing what can happen if a chip pan catches fire
A dramatic picture showing what can happen if a chip pan catches fire

She returned to the room and put a pan of water over the small blaze.

Firefighters were called at 1.16pm, arriving on the scene within minutes.

However, they found the fire in the third-floor kitchen was out.

They used a special fan to clear smoke from the property.

The fire caused the electrics to trip, which isolated the heat source.

The woman was given a precautionary check by South East Coast Ambulance Service but was not taken to hospital.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More