Published: 00:00, 08 August 2016
| Updated: 07:40, 08 August 2016
Fast bowler Mitch Claydon has pledged his future to Kent by signing a new contract.
The 33-year-old is Kent's leading wicket-taker in the Specsavers County Championship this season with 36 wickets.
He said: "I’m delighted to sign a new contract with Kent.
“I love it here and I’ve relished the opportunity to play in all three forms of the game this season which was my target for this year.
"There’s a great group of lads here. I really feel we’re building a winning side and as a senior player, I’m aiming to contribute towards that as well as helping a few younger players come through.”
Claydon, who received his county cap last week, has been at Kent for three years after making the switch from Durham in 2013.
Kent chairman of cricket Graham Johnson said: “Mitch arrived at Kent with a reputation as a white ball specialist. He has developed into someone Kent has relied upon in both forms of cricket, with performances to match.
“He plays with passion, is a leader both on and off the field and is a larger-than-life character and plays with his heart on his sleeve.
“We’re happy to see him commit his future to help us develop the performances we want from our seam bowling attack.”
Kent youngster Hugh Bernard has been drafted into the England Under-19 squad for the upcoming ODI series against Sri Lanka.
The Kent Cricket Academy graduate is in contention for the three fixtures at Wormsley (Wednesday, August 10), Chelmsford (Saturday, August 13) and a potential homecoming at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence on Tuesday, August 16.
The 19-year-old from Folkestone said: "I'm delighted to be called up to the squad for the series and I'm looking forward to working with the squad and coaches.
"It would be great to play on home turf wearing the Three Lions next week but I need to work hard and earn that opportunity."