Home   Dartford   News   Article

Dad fends off swarm of flies from child's McDonald's breakfast in Princes Road, Dartford

A dad was left horrified after he ordered a McDonald's breakfast for his kids only to find the meal and himself covered in thousands of flies.

Gary Parkyn was taking his two children to nursery when he decided to stop at the drive-thru branch in Princes Road, Dartford, for a "treat" last Friday at 8.45am.

The panels above the kitcken area were said to be covered in flies (27201847)
The panels above the kitcken area were said to be covered in flies (27201847)

The 30-year-old Bexleyheath resident ordered a bagel for himself and two helpings of pancakes for his four-year-old son and two-year-old daughter.

But he made a shocking discovery when he looked down to see his meal had gained a few unwanted extras.

"Halfway through eating I noticed more and more, so I told one of the staff," he said.

"Shorty after, I noticed a lot more so went to tell the manager, while there I overheard the other member of staff telling her but playing it down saying it wasn’t bad."

When the manager came over, Mr Parkyn said she looked in "shock" and just said "oh my God".

The branch of McDonald's on Princes Road, Dartford. Photo: Google
The branch of McDonald's on Princes Road, Dartford. Photo: Google

He said: "When I went back to my seat I looked up and decided to leave as there must have been thousands if not more of them, literally covering every single ceiling panel including some in the kitchen.

"The manager genuinely looked shocked and said she would get it sorted, but I’m guessing they have quite a big problem judging by the amount of flies that are in there. At first I thought it was just a couple keep returning but it wasn’t.

To make matters worse he said his son, who suffers from arthritis and requires weekly injections, "gets ill very easily so I won't be going back there".

He added: "They never offered me anything. I just wanted to get out of there."

McDonald’s spokesman Alistair Clow said they had instructed pest control experts to carry out "regular routine checks" of the site.

He said: “Hygiene and cleanliness are of the upmost importance to us, so we are disappointed that this customer’s experience did not meet the high standards that we would expect.

“We are working with those experts to ensure that the restaurant remains free from pests.”

Read more: All the latest news from Dartford

Read more: All the latest news from Bexley and Bromley

Read more


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More