Home   Dartford   News   Article

Faulty extractor fan was the cause of a bathroom fire in Vanessa Way, Dartford last night

By Clare Freeman

A faulty extractor fan is believed to be the cause of a fire in a bathroom at a home near Joydens Wood in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters from Dartford were called to the house in Vanessa Way at 12.30am.

A spokesman from the station said: "Crews went in wearing breathing apparatus and put out a small fire in the bathroom.

"A faulty extractor fan had caught alight and dropped down on to a towel, which then set alight to the plastic bath.

"There was quite a lot of smoke damage to the upstairs of the property."

No one was injured as the smoke alarm had been set off, alerting the residents who managed to get out of the house safely.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More