It was red faces all round when an anxious mum had to call firefighters to free her five-year-old from handcuffs... round his ankles.
The Dartford crew were called out to Knights Manor Way in Dartford at 7.20pm last night, after the boy cuffed his ankles while playing in his police onesie.
His mum dialled firefighters after being unable to find a key for the toy, which was bought in China by the boy's older brother.
The crew spent about an hour trying to free him, before they eventually picked the lock using a coat hanger.
A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "At first he was a bit shocked and upset but by the end he was quite excited.
"We couldn't use anything too mechanical because it was too close to his skin."
What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you as a child? An unnamed reporter here got his head stuck in a church pulpit! Join the debate below.
Stories you might have missed