Home   Dartford   Sport   Article

Dartford 0 Concord Rangers 0 match report: Sixth draw in 10 home league games

Dartford dropped more points at Princes Park in National League South on Tuesday night.

The Darts were held to a goalless draw by Concord and while they remain unbeaten at home in the league, it’s now six draws in 10 matches for Steve King’s men.

Dartford manager Steve King. Picture: Keith Gillard (53808753)
Dartford manager Steve King. Picture: Keith Gillard (53808753)

The crowd of 877 did well to last the duration on a chilly evening when the football was often uninspiring.

Darts were aiming for their first league win since December and Concord came into the game without victory in four.

An early Ryan Blackman free-kick was wastefully put into the side netting for the visitors before Jordan Wynter hit a long-range shot straight at keeper Myles Roberts.

Danny Green went down in the box for Concord midway through the first half but didn’t fool referee Isaac Searle into giving a penalty after running straight at a Darts defender.

Darts went for three at the back but lacked any flow in attack against a team content to break up the game. Ade Azeez and Jake Robinson were both tireless runners but they were feeding off scraps.

Dartford keeper Dan Wilks twice denied Concord an opener early in the second half. He was out smartly to block Mamadou Jobe’s close-range attempt from a corner and then produced an even better stop on the hour to thwart Temi Babalula, who twisted past Tom Bonner following a break down the left.

Kalvin Kalala came on in an attempt to freshen up Dartford’s forward line but any momentum they tried to get going was quickly shut down by Concord’s constant timewasting.

It made for dull viewing but it was effective as the three officials never cottoned on to what was happening.

When they got the ball down and played Concord actually looked a decent side, Joe Payne shooting over as they often created nervy moments at the back for the hosts.

Luke Allen came on at the death for Dartford and had a couple of wayward long-range attempts but the home side never did enough to get the three points.

Although there was nearly a late twist when, in the fourth minute of stoppage time, Robinson fired a cracking long-range shot against the woodwork with many thinking keeper Roberts got a fingertip to his rasping drive.

Dartford: Wilks, Wynter, Essam, Vint, Bonner, Innocent (Leonard 74mins), Jebb, Theobalds (L Allen 81mins), Porter (Kalala 62mins), Azeez, Robinson. Subs not used: Hyde, Murtagh.

Concord: Roberts, Popo, Payne, Blackman (B Allen 61mins), Blanchfield, Babalula, Green, Jobe, Reynolds (Kesey 82mins), Randell, Simper. Subs not used: Peck, Search, Carter.

Referee: Isaac Searle.

Attendance: 877.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More