Published: 06:00, 28 August 2020
The opening of a new Turkish restaurant has been set back a month due to refurbishment delays.
But owner Necati Gunes, 44, says delays with contractors and builders has set him back a couple of weeks.
He said: "The last week of September is my new aim. It could be earlier but it just depends on the workers."
Mr Gunes has already completed renovations to the kitchen which include the installation of a specialist charcoal oven.
He is waiting for the flooring to be laid and final electrical works.
He added: "Our opening day will be a Monday or a Tuesday, never a weekend, to allow staff to get used to the restaurant."
Mr Gunes said he has had his sights set of a restaurant in Deal for four years but wanted to wait for a good property in a prime area to become available.
He says demand for their authentic food is high from people of Deal and believes it could be his "busiest restaurant."
It will serve a wide range of kebabs, both meat and vegetarian, and also offer a delivery service.
Similarly to Folkestone and Dover, the Deal restaurant will offer shishas outside and traditional music including live performances from violinists, saxophonists and pianists at the weekend.
The Beach Street venue was once a nightclub The Quarterdeck and more recently Hythe Bay fish restaurant.