Published: 12:00, 21 December 2015
The developers of The Regent building in Deal have failed to keep their promise to the community, it has been claimed on social media.
Last month James Wallace told The Mercury that he and business partner Mark Digweed would submit an application to transform the building into a cinema by December. But today (Monday) the district council confirmed it has received nothing.
Last week we asked Mr Wallace if they were able to keep to their promise, but so far, he has not responded to our question.
This morning (Monday), a twitter user, using the account @Deal_Town, said: "Sadly it looks like a broken promise."
The comment accompanies a link to The mercury's story which was published on Kentonline on November 20.
The people of Deal, including town councillors, have championed the cause which will see The Regent turned back into a into a cinema, one of its former uses before it became a bingo hall.
Townsfolk have become concerned about the tired appearance which is getting worse.
The business partners have pledged to tidy up the exterior in the spring.